These protocols pertain only to religious education/youth ministry activities, not to parish liturgies (such as the Mass) or other parish activities.
Dear St. Mark and St. Luke Families,
You gave your children a wonderful gift when you brought them to the Church to be baptized: life in Christ Jesus. Now our parish is here to help you nourish that life.
Taking part in the Mass is the most valuable thing you can do for yourselves and your children. The Eucharist is the heart and summit of our lives because in it Jesus Christ allows us to join Him in His life, death and resurrection: We live His life and He lives ours, with us.
If your family is not comfortable attending Mass, please contact the CRE, Lucy Schemel at LSchemel@hbgdiocese.org so we can help you out.
Religious education is important for our children so that they can grow to understand and embrace the gift of divine life they have been given. We are happy to be back in-person this year, offering support for parents and classroom time for children and teens. In accordance with Diocese of Harrisburg protocols, we will mitigate exposure to Covid-19 by the following means:
- Masks will be worn indoors, except while actively eating or drinking, when a presenter (distanced from the group) needs to remove his or her mask to be heard or when wearing a mask would cause a medical condition or exacerbate an existing one, including respiratory issues, mental health conditions, or a disability.
- Mask breaks may be given at the catechist’s discretion.
- When feasible, programs will be held outdoors. (Masks will then be optional.)
- Social distancing of desks/seating by three feet will be maintained.
- Classroom supplies will not be shared between students.
- Cleaning will take place following each religious education day.
- Parents are asked to keep children exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms at home.
This plan follows the Diocese of Harrisburg’s protocols, which can be found here:
Parents are required to submit the Diocese of Harrisburg acknowledgement form which can be found here:
Questions may be directed to Lucy Schemel, CRE at LSchemel@hbgdiocese.org or 717-597-2705. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!